Easter is soon approaching, and that means it is the season of jelly beans. I have always been curious as to how the jelly bean was developed. Was it a glob of jelly that got overcooked and then dripped into a bean shape when trying to can it? Not sure. I'm sure Wikipedia has some info on it though.
Anyway, my main musing is on the spiced jelly bean. I'm not a big fan. I know that they are my mom's favorite, but I think that candy of any sort should be sweet, not spicy. OK, there are Hot Tomalles, which are delicious, but that's because it is cinnamon. That I like. But you can keep the rest.
Then there are those "OTHER" flavors. You know the ones I mean. They aren't sweet, and they aren't spicy. I'm talking about things like buttered popcorn and peanut butter. Who comes up with those ideas!? Just stick with the fruit flavors, PLEASE!
Happy Easter all!
2 comments:
Good post Bryan! You can have the spotlight of your blog today. Random posts are rad. In fact, I liked posting random stuff so much that I started my OWN blog just to post random stuff. The family blog doesn't have the random stuff, but mine does! Yesterday, I wrote random stuff about Christmas decorations in April. Silly, but fun!
How can you not like Jelly Bellys? I don't know if we can be friends anymore... :) Cute blog. Maybe this will help satisfy your jelly bean inquiries- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_invented_jelly_beans
Maren
Post a Comment