So every now and then, Amy finds something in Tacoma that she just HAS to check out, and of course that means it becomes a family outing for the weekend. Honestly, I love it when she finds something because it usually means some good food and a nice day out and about. This weekend we headed out to the Proctor district of T-town to find a cupcake shop.
We weren't sure how much walking we would be doing, so we brought the new ERGO carrier just in case. This was the big purchase when we went to the baby store in Vancouver a few weeks ago. We needed a new one, since Gavin has been growing so much and doesn't fit well into the old one. It's really pretty comfortable, once we figured out how to get Gavin into it.
So here I am, outside the Jubilee Cupcake and candy shop with my coffee. Yes I needed coffee as it was a gray and cloudy day. By the evening it would be POURING, but at this point it was just really windy.
Amy took a shot of the cupcake counter while I was putting their sandwich board sign back up outside. I told you it was windy. Anyhow, they had a nice variety of flavors of cupcakes. Some were pretty simple, like chocolate with vanilla frosting, and some not so much. The pink ones in this photo are the "Pink Champagne" cupcakes. They are champagne cupcakes with strawberry frosting. And on the top shelf are the chocolate and salted carmel cupcakes. We got one of each of those.
Here are the Cherries Jubilee and the Orange cremecylcle. Below are the Kailua and one of them was called the "Drunk Monk." Where do they come up with this stuff?
We sat down at a table upstairs to enjoy our cupcakes. Gavin, of course, enjoyed the new perspective of the world out the window, as well as watching people in the shop.
Here's the triple coconut. It was like sucking out the middle of a Mounds bar!
Here was the "Pink Champagne." It was REALLY good!
Amy was enjoying her new discovery. Cupcakes seem to be on her mind as of late (more of that to come in June, I'm sure).
The shop was decorated for Valentines' Day, so of course we had to take a picture of the little guy with some decorations to mark the time.
Gavin was his naturally smiling, charming self. This little guy does so well on our excursions, and everyone tells us what a beautiful child he is. I think his smile and laugh helps to spread a little bit of joy everywhere he goes. After all, who can frown with a baby laughing in the room?
Here's the front of the store. Amy snapped this one on the way out from the street.
Turns out our walk wasn't really that far, so I thought I would just carry Gavin back.... potato-sack style. Sometimes it's just easier and quicker to carry him rather than mess with the carrier, especially for shorter walks.
In all, it turned out to be a GREAT little exploration of something nearby. I love that there is always some new place to try or explore around here. Tasty food to eat, and view to behold.... and the desserts aren't bad either. I have to say that the cupcakes that I ate while writing this post were pretty tasty too. Maybe you should check them out too. Just tell them Gavin sent you.
1 comment:
Probably none for Gavin yet. Those look good!
Post a Comment