Thursday, December 2, 2010

Our Ornaments

Bryan and I have a tradition of collecting ornaments on our travels and for special occasions.  My mom bought my brother and I an ornament each year growing up and still continues the tradition.
We bought this one at Disneyland one year.  I saw it in a closed shop through the windows and peered at it many times.  One day a cast member walked by and I asked when the shop would be open.  They said it was only open on the weekend, but since they could tell I really wanted the ornament they opened it up for me to buy.
We got this one when we were visiting Washington D.C. We plan to purchase another when where were are there around Christmas time.
My mom got this one for me in Leavenworth.  I collect the little German angles.
My mom also found me this one.  The mascot at the school I teach at is a Cardinal.
My great-grandma made this ornament for me.  We have a whole collection of the ones that she made, but this is my favorite.
Our tree is very eclectic, we have a lot of ornaments that all have special meaning.

No comments: